A simple toolkit for UI designers & programmers.
1 mb disk space
32 mb memory
Measure screen elements in pixels. By
default, the hotkey is Win+C.
- Hit TAB to rotate the calipers
- Hit CTRL+C to copy the size value to the clipboard
- Hit SPACEBAR to change the right-caliper color
- Hit SHIFT+SPACEBAR to change the left-caliper color
- Hit + (plus key) to grow the width by 1 pixel
- Hit - (minus key) to shrink the width by 1 pixel
- Use arrow keys to move the calipers without changing their size
- Hit ESC to close the calipers
Measuring from the "right"
Want more power? Try the excellent
Calipers from Iconico. They're
shareware with an unlimited free trial. (Poke around-- there's some other good
stuff there too!)
By hitting Windows+S, you can capture an arbitrary screen rectangle.
When selecting a rectangle, you can use the mouse, or use
arrow keys and +/- keys for single-pixel tweaking..
Using the right-mouse button (or holding down CTRL) to end
the snapshot allows you to add stamps (left button) or highlight (middle
button or CTRL+LeftButton) to the shot. You can then right-click to Save to ClipBoard,
save to My Pictures, etc.
NEW: You can change the "red arrow" stamp
to one of your own choosing. Save a PNG named MEZER_STAMP.PNG or a bitmap
named MEZER_STAMP.BMP to your My
Pictures folder. The color white will be transparent, and the exact center
of the stamp will be placed at the mouse cursor (so use whitespace
You can also change the highlight color by editing the
DrawColor registry key. To change from the default (red) to pink, for
example, import the following registry entry:
I Like Pink.
Alternatively, you can capture a windowed control's canvas. To use the
window capture feature, use Windows+P to bring up the MezerTools window, and
drag and drop the blue arrow to the window to copy.
Random Other features
- Hit Win+P to bring up the Mezer Dialog. (Note: This hotkey does not
work on Windows 7).
- Use the Hexer Tool to convert to/from Hexadecimal numbers
- Use the Color Dropper Tool to grab color codes from the screen
- Double-click any application's window border to grow that window to the edge of
If you find there are hotkey overlaps with other
programs on your system, use REGEDIT.EXE
to edit the entries under HKCU\Software\Bayden Systems\Mezer.
Restart MezerTools to pick up the new hotkeys.
Simple command lines to change the Win+* value to other
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Bayden
Systems\Mezer" /v "ScreenCapKey"
/t REG_DWORD /d 66
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Bayden Systems\Mezer" /v "ScreenCapKey" /t REG_DWORD /d 75
Use "S" -- the default
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Bayden Systems\Mezer" /v "ScreenCapKey" /t REG_DWORD /d 83
Use CTRL+ALT instead of the Windows key.
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Bayden Systems\Mezer" /v
"HotkeysModifier" /t REG_DWORD /d 3
©1998-2013 Eric Lawrence
Ad by Google